Ken Hom’s Savoury Duck with Oyster Sauce. Put the duck slices into a bowl and add the soy sauce, rice wine or dry sherry, sesame oil, salt, pepper and cornflour. Return the duck to the wok or pan. Stir to mix well, toss in the coriander sprigs and serve at once with plain rice.
Oyster sauce undoubtedly originated in south China kitchens. But when Chinese travellers brought it to Thailand, Thai chefs immediately recognized its rich and savoury virtues and integrated it into the Thai cuisine, especially in fish and seafood meals. And, of course, they embellished it by adding their own. You can have Ken Hom’s Savoury Duck with Oyster Sauce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ken Hom’s Savoury Duck with Oyster Sauce
- It’s 250 grams of duck breast no skin.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of Lee kum Kee premium oyster sauce.
- You need 1-2 Tsp of Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chaw Chilli oil.
- Prepare 1 of Small onion.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of ground nut oil.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sherry or Shaoxing rice wine.
- You need of Marinate.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sherry or Shaoxing rice wine.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of corn flower.
A classic recipe for crispy Peking duck by Ken Hom. This famous dish is made with deliciously roasted duck, dried and marinated with five spice and Each guest spoons some sauce onto a pancake. Then a helping of crisp skin and meat is placed on top, with a spring onion brush, and the entire mixture is. Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry.
Ken Hom’s Savoury Duck with Oyster Sauce step by step
- Marinate duck with all marinate ingredients for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large frying-pan over high heat until it is very hot. Add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the duck from the marinade and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Remove the duck and drain it in a colander. The duck should be slightly pink. Pour off all but 1½ tablespoons of the oil and re-heat it over high heat, add the garlic and onion and water and stir-fry until the onions are brown and soft..
- Turn the heat to low and add the oyster sauce, rice wine, chilli oil and stir for 2 minutes. Return the duck to the wok or pan. Stir to mix well, toss in the coriander sprigs and serve at once with plain rice..
Don't be scared to introduce them to flavours early on. Hold one chopstick in the index finger, cradle the chopstick in between the index finger and thumb. Official Page for Chef Ken Hom. News and information by Ken Hom and team. The next day, I made soup out of the remaining carcass of the duck and when the soup.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that many folks appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We should take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. A lot of individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You need to take care of yourself while you can do so. Your body has to have proper nutrients to run at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is healthy for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, likely triggered by the foods that are consumed. Individuals are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Most probably, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse some maladies. Consuming these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. As a result, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you should eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Following a green living meal plan will offer you just what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to become disease free. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.