Vickys Seared Duck Legs with Pear and Cranberry Gravy.
You can have Vickys Seared Duck Legs with Pear and Cranberry Gravy using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Seared Duck Legs with Pear and Cranberry Gravy
- It’s 2 of duck legs, skin on.
- You need of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need 3 of shallots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 180 ml of white wine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 480 ml of strong chicken stock – you may need more or less depending on the size of your pot.
- You need 6 of sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 2 of pears, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare of sugar.
Vickys Seared Duck Legs with Pear and Cranberry Gravy instructions
- Score the fat on the duck legs – cut 3 lines one way and 3 intersecting lines the other way so you end up with a diamond pattern. Don't cut into the meat, only score the fat. Rub some salt and pepper all over the legs and a little olive oil.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, cook the duck legs, skin/fat side down until crisp and browned, about 4 – 6 minutes. Turn over and brown on the other side for 2 minutes. There will be fat released from the duck legs in the pan now. Remove the legs and allow to rest on a plate for a few moments.
- Add the garlic and shallots to the duck fat in the pan and allow to cook for one minute. Pour in the wine and balsamic vinegar. Scrape up the bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon and allow the liquid to boil and reduce for a minute or two.
- Add in the thyme sprigs, bay leaf, chopped pears and cranberries and stir together. Put the duck back into the pan, skin side up, along with any juices from the resting plate.
- Add the stock, but don't allow the liquid level to go above the duck legs or else you'll end up with soggy skin instead of it being nice and crispy. Bring to a boil and then lower to a gentle simmer. Cook at a low simmer for 90 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the legs and skim as much of the fat off the top of the gravy as you can– a lot will have risen to the top.
- Press the sauce through a sieve and mash down the pear, garlic and shallots to get as much of the flavor out as possible. Return the gravy to the pot and boil for 3 minutes to thicken it. Add a bit of sugar if it's too bitter for your taste and skim any more fat off the top.
- Plate the duck with the gravy and some mash or roasted potatoes. I also served with balsamic roasted pears, recipe link below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349562-vickys-balsamic-roast-pears.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We need to get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. A lot of folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without hearing about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. Unlike buying a car, you can’t trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You have to look after yourself while you are able to. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy the taste or do you decided to eat foods that are good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The foods we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Lots of nutritious food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Today, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even overturn them. You will discover that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice a surprising increase in how much better you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any disease. Your daily diet have to contain at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. Moreover, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should get rid of any weight problems. Green living gives you a great diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.