Healthy whole wheat pancakes. They're a healthier option to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. Most of the times that I've opted for whole wheat breads over white, I would do it for health reasons but secretly preferred the taste of white. These whole wheat pancakes are delicious and fluffy, with a hint of cinnamon.
Everything a whole wheat pancake should be After rounds of testing, I made the perfect, healthy whole wheat pancakes. Whole Wheat Tortilla Recipe/Soft Wheat Tortilla/Wheat Flour Tortilla. How to Make Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes. You can have Healthy whole wheat pancakes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy whole wheat pancakes
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
This breakfast treat just got a healthy makeover. This pancake recipe replaces white flour with more nutritious whole grains, and the berry jam stuffing gives you some added sweetness without too much sugar. Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes are easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand! How do I make this recipe into a pancake mix?
Healthy whole wheat pancakes step by step
- Mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with the milk, and set aside to sour for 5-10 minutes..
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon..
- Beat one egg into the soured milk, and mix in the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract..
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix until all the lumps are gone..
- Heat a lightly greased skillet to medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet..
- Cook until bubbles start to form at the top, then flip over to cook the other side..
- Serve with sliced honey, sliced bananas, and top with granola..
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag or sealable storage container for storage. Healthy whole wheat pancakes are difficult to master because pancakes are meant to be light, soft, and fluffy. All things that whole wheat flour isn't. However, finding the right balance of ingredients to make your pancakes whole-grain AND fluffy isn't impossible.