Sourdough Waffles. These crowd-pleasing sourdough waffles are crisp on the outside and thick and soft on the inside, great for camp-outs or large breakfasts. Sourdough waffles: Start with your starter. Since falling in love with this waffle recipe, I keep two starters: one strictly for waffles, so I can make them every weekend; and one for everything else.
That sourdough starter you have bubbling away has more uses than just for bread. The beauty of using starter for waffles is that the starter doesn't have to be completely active to still make a nice. We LOVE having sourdough waffles on hand. You can cook Sourdough Waffles using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Waffles
- It’s 12 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
They make a quick breakfast (just put them frozen right into the toaster), or 'sandwich bread' for a pb&j lunch. These sourdough waffles are perfectly crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. Serve them warm with with some blackberry syrup and butter (YUM), or for a more classic flavor, try some. These overnight sourdough waffles are a family favorite!
Sourdough Waffles instructions
- Melt butter. Whisk in the milk and continue heating to around body temperature..
- Whisk in sourdough starter, eggs, and vanilla..
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix. Cover and set aside for 2-3 hours..
- Then, refrigerate overnight..
- Next morning, throw some on a hot, greasy waffle iron and saddle up..
- You want to cook these until they're good and brown. This will make them crispy on the outside and soft in the middle..
My first bite of these overnight sourdough waffles and I was sold. Why would I want to make any other waffles ever again? Crisp and light, Sourdough Waffles are SO simple to make using your extra sourdough starter. Top with delicious maple-glazed peaches or summer stone fruit. Make the Sourdough Waffle Batter the.