Pemmican/ Jerky. Check out the nutritional value in our products from our full list of nutrition facts for all of our products. Welcome to the OFFICIAL Pemmican Beef Jerky Page, we are happy to have you! Pemmican is a mixture of tallow, dried meat and dried berries used as a nutritious food.
Boost calories by putting these in your soups and stews, just munch on them, or even give them. This Pemmican Recipe Guide And Video Instruction Let's You Store Long Shelf Life Super Food – Learning How To Make Pemmican Is An Essential Survival Skill. We've shifted our focus back to what matters. You can cook Pemmican/ Jerky using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pemmican/ Jerky
- Prepare 3 pounds of lean beef.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- You need As needed of ground black pepper.
- You need As needed of metal skewers.
- You need 1/3 cup of melted bison tallow.
We're dedicated to reconnecting with those who respect the outdoors, travel and a healthy lifestyle. As nouns the difference between pemmican and jerky is that pemmican is a food made from meat which has been dried and beaten into a paste, mixed with berries Jerky is a see also of pemmican. For jerky loves, pemmican is an easy sell. It combines all the flavor and shelf-life of jerky, but with the added benefit of complex fats and sugars that will keep you satisfied on long hikes and explorations.
Pemmican/ Jerky instructions
- Slice salt and pepper the beef. Slice this thinly. Cover all the pieces well. I put them into a ziploc bag and beat them thinner. This also incorporated the salt and pepper into the meat..
- Get your fire started. I used oak, pecan, and hickory wood. I built the fire on one end of the grill. This is to use indirect heat..
- Put the strips onto a skewer on one end of the strips. I have a vegetable griller pan, to place the skewers on. Remember that the skewers get hot also..
- When the meat is done, some may become charcoal lol, put into a bowl. Cook times very on thickness of meat and heat of the fire. This took about 2 hours start to finish. About 90 minutes was cook time..
- Get the tallow, melt it down. Not to lots of heat but like candle wax..
- Coat each piece well with the warm tallow..
- Put into a ziploc bag you can see where the tallow is cooling leaving a candle wax like residue, and making an airtight seal. This will keep for a very long time several months to years. You can also keep in a jar. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Pemmican Jerky Natural has the famous natural-style flavor that jerky lovers crave. Before there was jerky, there was Pemmican. Maker of Original, Peppered, Hot & Spicy & Teriyaki. Hub for outdoors, on-the-go travel, fitness & jerky! Your Pemmican shelf life is a matter that's up for debate and depends on how you make your recipe.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the best reasons for green living is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we are living in. We should get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some needed alterations in your life. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at top levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Eating sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Virtually all grocery stores these days sell organic foods. This food section has what are now known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard a number of diseases, or even overturn them. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to consume these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to work optimally. When this happens, it will allow your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Then, try to add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other foods to include. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits today.