Puffy Steamed Nikuman (Meat Filled Bao or Buns).
You can have Puffy Steamed Nikuman (Meat Filled Bao or Buns) using 28 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Puffy Steamed Nikuman (Meat Filled Bao or Buns)
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- It’s 60 ml of ● Lukewarm water (40 °C).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ● Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ● Dry yeast.
- You need 160 grams of ○ Cake flour.
- It’s 40 grams of ○ Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ○ Baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ○ Sugar.
- It’s 1/6 tsp of ○ Salt.
- You need 60 ml of ★ Lukewarm milk (35 °C).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lard (or butter or shortening).
- Prepare of Meat filling:.
- You need 100 grams of ■ Ground pork.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ■ The soaking water from the dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 tbsp of ■ Shaoxing wine or sake.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ■ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ■ Grated ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of ■ Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ■ Tianmiangjiang (or miso).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ■ Katakuriko.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ■ Grated garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ■ Sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of ■ Salt.
- Prepare 50 grams of □ Boiled bamboo shoot (cut into 8mm dice).
- It’s 1 large of □ Rehydrated dried shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced).
- It’s 50 grams of □ Onion (cut into 5mm dice).
- Prepare 20 grams of □ Boiled Chinese cabbage leaf cores (cut into 5mm dice).
- Prepare 2 1/2 grams of □ Rehydrated cellophane noodles cut into 1cm pieces.
Puffy Steamed Nikuman (Meat Filled Bao or Buns) step by step
- Combine the ● lukewarm water and sugar in a container. Add the yeast. Mix it up well with chopsticks, then leave for about 10 minutes to proof the yeast..
- Sift the ○ ingredients into a large bowl Add the Step 1 mixture and the ★ milk and mix..
- When the dough comes together, knead it 100 times by pressing on it with the base of your hands, stretching it, folding it, changing directions and so on..
- Add the lard in 3 batches, kneading it into the dough patiently each time. When the dough is reasonably smooth on the surface, the kneading is done..
- Put the dough ball in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place..
- Leave to rise (1st rising) until it has doubled in volume. It takes about 40 minutes at 35°C..
- Take the dough out onto a work surface, and press down on it with your palms to deflate it. Divide into 6 portions..
- Form each portion of dough into a ball, cover with a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel and leave to rest for 20 minutes so that the dough becomes easier to roll out..
- Compared to steamed buns sold at a convenience stores,the dough and filling for these buns are quite big. If you make 12 buns out of this recipe they will be quite small. The smaller buns, the harder they are to form..
- Make the meat filling: Put all the ■ ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the ○ ingredients, and divide the filling into 6 portions in the bowl..
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle that's about 7mm thick. Roll it out a bit more to form a 10cm square. Place a portion of the filling in the middle..
- Bring two opposing corners together gently above the filling, and press them together. Do the same with the other two corners..
- Be careful not to get any filling on the dough where you pinch them together, or they will be hard to close up properly and the buns may open later..
- Pinch the remaining corners of the bun together, twist the top to close it securely, and the bun is formed. Leave the buns to rise again (2nd rising) in a warm place for 10 minutes. Don't let the dough dry out in the meantime. You can skip the 2nd rising if you like..
- Steaming time: The buns take 25 minutes to steam using an oven's "steam" function, or 15 minutes in a steamer. They will increase to about 1.5 their original size so line them up with plenty of space in between..
- To pan fry the buns: I also recommend cooking the buns on a hot electric griddle or frying pan! You can cook them like gyoza dumplings for a crispy yet fluffy result..
- To pan fry: Heat some oil in a frying pan. Cook the buns with a lid on over a very low heat for 3 minutes. Add some boiling water to the pan, and steam-cook for another 10 to 12 minutes. This cooking time is for making 12 buns (rather than 6 buns)..
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Alas, most people don’t care about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you can’t trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body requires the right nutrients to run at its best levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? As most people choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly induced by the foods that are consumed. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. Nearly all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse particular maladies. By eating these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how good you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. This in turn will enable your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your diet. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Furthermore, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have a weight problem again. Green living offers you a great eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can ward off diseases. You can expect to have a healthy future by altering your food choices today.