Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche. I've been making this low carb crustless quiche for several years now. It's based on the original Dr. Combine spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella, bacon, green onions, mushrooms, and eggs in a large bowl.
A quick and easy crustless spinach quiche recipe that uses eggs, spinach, onion, and Muenster cheese for the perfect quiche in less than an hour. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. You can cook Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche
- It’s 6 oz of bacon cut into 1/2 " pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion (about 1 small onion).
- You need 1 of large or 2 small potatoes peeled.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh baby spinach (about 4 oz) freshly chopped.
- It’s 6 oz of grated cheddar cheese (about 1.5 cups shredded), divided.
- Prepare 8 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half or equal parts whipping cream and milk.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce.
How to make Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche: You'll start by sautéing onions, spinach and garlic in a pan- just enough to cook the onions Well, the obvious choice for why you'd want to bake a crustless spinach and cheese quiche is to cut down on the carbs. No crust means a lot fewer. Add eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper to a blender and mix until smooth. Kids asked for a bacon and spinach quiche and only have parmigiano on hand.
Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a pie dish with oil..
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and sauté the bacon for 6-8 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate. Discard excess oil keeping 2-3 tablespoons in the pan. Using the same pan, sauté the onion for 2 minutes until softened..
- Meanwhile, grate potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as you can from the potatoes. Then pat dry with paper towels..
- Once onions are softened, add the grated potato to the skillet with the onions. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring a few times until potatoes are golden and nearly cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 8 eggs, 1/2 cup of half and half and Tabasco sauce. Stir in the sautéed potatoes, chopped spinach and 1 cup of the cheese..
- Pour into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the top with bacon, then top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean. Cool for a few minutes before serving..
I added diced bacon using the technique from your quiche lorraine recipe. My taste buds are exploding from the amazing flavor. You could add bacon to it. Unwrap the spinach and put it, box and all, on a plate. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the spinach.