Pork medallions in mushroom Marsala sauce. These juicy little medallions brown beautifully and go from stovetop to dinner table in just minutes. And the flavorful Marsala sauce goes a long way toward And the flavorful Marsala sauce goes a long way toward making this simple weeknight meal feel special. What to Serve with Mushroom Marsala Pork Tenderloin.
Skillet Pork Medallions in Mushroom Marsala Sauce. This simple recipe transforms pork medallions into a luxurious dish, served with a rich and creamy mushroom marsala sauce. Served over buttered noodles or with sautéed new potatoes, the medallions are first seared until golden brown. You can have Pork medallions in mushroom Marsala sauce using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork medallions in mushroom Marsala sauce
- Prepare 600 g of pork fillet.
- It’s 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 30 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely diced.
- You need 340 gr of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 125 ml of dry Marsala.
- It’s 250 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of double cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried Italian herb.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Pork medallions and mushrooms sautéed in a rich, creamy sauce. This is a hearty and easy weeknight dinner. The pork medallions are tender with a nicely seared crust. And the sauce is the DIE FOR!
Pork medallions in mushroom Marsala sauce step by step
- Cut the tenderloins into 5cm thick medallions and flatten slightly. Season the meat with salt and black pepper..
- Heat the olive oil and 15g butter in a large frying pan over high heat. When the butter is melted and foaming, add the meat and sear until nicely browned, 2 to 3 min. Flip and cook the other side until the meat is well browned, about another 2 min. Transfer to a plate..
- Melt the remaining 15g butter in the pan. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and sauté for about 30 seconds, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until all of the mushroom liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are golden, about 3 min..
- Season with 1/2 tsp. salt, sprinkle with the flour, and add the Marsala..
- Once the Marsala has almost completely evaporated, add the chicken stock and reduce by half, about 3 min..
- Stir in the cream and herbs, return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan, and cook, flipping the pork once, until it’s firm to the touch and still a little pink in the middle (cut into a piece to check), 2 to 4 min..
- Serve with mashed potatoes..
Seriously, you don't want to miss out on any of this sauce. What's not to love about this dish? It's meaty, earthy and is sure to become a recipe in your go to repertoire. Serve the saucy medallions over a bed of glorious garlic mashed potatoes OR creamy polenta and call it a night. But not before adding a baguette.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. Numerous people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t trade in your worn out body for a new one. You should learn how to look after it before it is too late. Your body cannot work properly if it fails to receive adequate nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you savor the taste or do you decided to eat nutritional foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? Since a lot of folks choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, likely triggered by the foods that are eaten. People are opting to eat better now that they know how crucial food choices are to their health. A lot of healthy food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most grocery stores nowadays sell organic foods. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay certain diseases, or even reverse them. By eating these foods, your body will become healthier. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to function optimally. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. You should have a few superfoods in your diet each day. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole grains are some other foods to include. Make sure you consume proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. Following a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need for good health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits today.