(Hotter Than It Looks) Thai Curry Base.
You can cook (Hotter Than It Looks) Thai Curry Base using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of (Hotter Than It Looks) Thai Curry Base
- Prepare 1/4 of yellow onion, finely minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of very finely chopped cilantro and/or basil (This is a great use for all those stems!).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of finely minced ginger.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic.
- It’s 3 of serrano chilies, finely minced (Thai bird chilies are ideal and Chiles de arbol would also work well here.).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of crushed red chili flakes (like the kind you use on pizza and pasta).
- Prepare of the zest of 1 lime (or 3 kaffir lime leaves finely julienned).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder, depending on how strong a curry flavor you prefer.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (they're usually somewhere between 13 and 15 ounces).
(Hotter Than It Looks) Thai Curry Base instructions
- In a preheated medium high pan, saute the aromatics – onion, garlic, ginger, chilies, chili flakes, and lime zest – in the 2 Tablespoons of oil until the onions are translucent. Add the curry powder, stir to incorporate, and let the curry bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir to incorporate thoroughly, turn the heat up to high, and bring the curry to an active boil for a minute..
- Add in your protein and veg and bring the curry back up to a boil for a minute or so, turn the heat down to medium high, and let it simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until your protein is cooked through. Bite sized pieces of seafood will take no time at all (3 to 5 minutes), white meat chicken a little bit longer (5 to 7 minutes), and dark meat yet longer (7 to 10 minutes)..
- Give it a stir, adjust the seasoning if needed – a little more salt or fish sauce if you want it saltier, a little more lime juice if you like extra tang, maybe a pinch more of sugar to round out all the flavors – simmer another minute or two, and that's it! Serve with steamed rice..
- For the curry in this pic I used: 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used 31/40 size), 1/2 pound button or crimini mushrooms, 1/2 pound snow peas, 1/2 red bell pepper cut into 1/4-inch strips, and an 8 oz can (the short one) of bamboo shoots, drained. But you can of course use whatever veg you like and have handy, following the general measurement guidelines of 1 pound of protein and 1 pound of veg for 4 servings..
- Enjoy! :).
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is possible no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Alas, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some necessary changes in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You must take care of your body while you can. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its best levels. Do you eat because food is available and you savor what they taste or do you opt for nutritious foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local convenience store? Because people choose to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, possibly triggered by the foods that are eaten. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Lots of healthy food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most probably, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down some diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these superfoods will help your mental health. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how healthy you feel. Your body will start to run as it is supposed to when you give it the correct nutrition. This in turn will allow your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You need to have a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, try to add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other superfoods to add. Moreover, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.