Easy Egg Drop Soup. It's also one of the easiest soups I know. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Egg Drop Soup. In today's episode of Wok Wednesday, Jeremy shows us how to make one of our most requested recipes: egg drop soup!
This Chinese egg drop soup from my friend and guest contributor Garrett McCord couldn't be easier! Egg drop soup is a really simple boiled chicken broth soup and is considered a Chinese comfort food. If you are preparing this easy egg drop soup recipe for someone who is ill, try adding some fresh ginger. You can cook Easy Egg Drop Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted stock (Chicken, pork, veg or any combo thereof is fine. Beef would taste ok, but if you used a roasted bone stock, you might get a darker than desired broth.).
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, sliced into 1/4" thick slices.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil (optional).
- You need 1.5-3 Tablespoons of corn or potato starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water (this is called a slurry).
- You need 2-3 of eggs, thoroughly whisked.
- You need of finely chopped green onion for garnish.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
Among its many benefits, ginger is believed to be a remedy for treating colds and flu. You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a light, savory broth. I know it from my Chinese grandmother, who made this quick and easy soup even though she was also known for her other. There are many variations of egg drop soup, but this recipe is a classic restaurant-style egg drop soup that you can make at home.
Easy Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Put stock, water, carrot and garlic into a pot or large saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes or so, covered, over medium high heat..
- Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes or so to extract flavor from the aromatics – sweet from the carrot, savory from the garlic..
- Skim out the carrot and garlic, turn the heat back up to medium high, and stir in salt, toasted sesame oil, and starch slurry. Bring the soup back up to a boil for 2 minutes (bringing it to a boil activates the starch so it thickens the soup more effectively)..
- Turn the heat off and give the soup a few good stirs to let it cool just a little bit. Then stir again to create a gentle whirpool, pour in your whisked eggs, and let the gentle heat do its magic to cook the eggs. Stir gently again once or twice to distribute the eggs. You want the soup at a temperature where the egg just sets, which is what gives it that silky texture. If the egg overcooks, then it takes on a chewier more scrambled texture, but the starch does help to prevent overcooking..
- Ladle into a bowl and garnish with chopped green onion and black pepper to taste. (White pepper is often used for this soup, but if you don't have white pepper, like I don't have white pepper, then black pepper it is! 🙂 ) Enjoy!.
Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out. Seaweed Egg Drop Soup I've always enjoyed the taste of seaweed and they are so delicious in soups. Egg Drop Soup with Mint Leaves Don't you just love the refreshing and uplifting aroma of fresh mint? I love having it in chocolates, ice-cream, mint.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that numerous individuals appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Too many individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to treat your health problems. Of course, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body ceases to function right, you won’t be able to get a brand new body. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body cannot function correctly if it doesn’t get proper nutrition. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? As a lot of folks opt to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. More and more folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. This section has what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to consume the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will begin to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you need to have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have a weight problem again. Observing a green living meal plan will give you just what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.