You can have Chicken Satay using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay
- It’s 350 gms of Chicken breast cut into long strips.
- Prepare 12-15 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 of fresh red chilli.
- You need 2 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s 12 of satay sticks.
- It’s of For relish:.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
Chicken Satay step by step
- Wash and clean the chicken breast and cut it into long strips. I have used chicken breast here, but you can use chicken thigh as well. Try to cut uniform strips to cook them evenly..
- Start making the marinade. Crush garlic, ginger and red chilli in a mortar pestle or a mixer grinder. Put it in the bowl you will marinade the chicken in..
- Now to the ginger garlic mixture add soy sauce, paprika, peanut butter, lime juice, salt, coconut milk, brown sugar, oil and mix everything well..
- Add chicken strips, coat it well in the marinade and keep it aside. I would suggest to keep it overnight in the fridge for best flavor, however if you do not have enough time try to keep it for at least an hour..
- If you are using the bamboo sticks, ensure you soak them in water for at least 30 mins before using them..
- Once the chicken is marinated, thread the chicken strips on the soaked satay sticks..
- Heat oil in a pan. Add strips to the pan and let it sizzle. If your strips are too thick, cover them and cook till 95% done. Later cook them on full flame and uncovered to get that caramelisation and char on it. Once done, remove it to the serving platter. Garnish with fresh coriander..
- Chicken satay is generally served with a cucumber relish and peanut sauce. For relish chop the cucumber and onion. Take vinegar and sugar in a pan. Boil it till the sugar is dissolved. Add salt as per taste..
- Pour this vinegar sugar mixture in the cucumber onion bowl and your relish is ready. You can add sliced fresh red chilli and coriander to garnish. Serve it with your chicken satay..
- Notes: 1) You can increase or decrease ginger, garlic, paprika as per your taste-buds. We prefer less spicy. 2) You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter. 3) I have used coconut oil, you can use regular oil as well but not mustard oil. 4) You can thread the chicken before party and store it in the fridge. Once guests arrive grill and serve hot. 5) Use red chilli carefully, mine was not much spicy. 6) I have used a store bought peanut sauce here, will soon try and upload a recipe too..
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that a lot of people appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. Numerous individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. Everywhere you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old negative habits. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You have to learn how to look after your body the soonest you can. Your body cannot run properly if it doesn’t have adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? As people decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are ingested. People are opting to eat better now that they are aware of how essential food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food stores. Most probably, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. This aisl is filled with what are today recognized as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. Consuming these foods will . Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. Your daily diet have to include at least several of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will eliminate your weight gain problems. Adopting a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.