German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut.
You can cook German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut
- You need 600 grams of pork belly, shoulder, etc. (about 1 lb 5 oz).
- Prepare 1 of carrot or potato, cut into large chunks.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 2 cup of sauerkraut, drained (enough to cover pork).
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- It’s 4 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 of juniper berries.
- You need 5 of peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar, add more to taste.
- You need 2 tsp of dijon mustard, plus more for serving.
German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut instructions
- Cut pork into 4 even pieces and trim off excess fat. In a heavy pot, brown all sides of the pork on medium heat..
- Add onions, carrots, sugar, spices and enough sauerkraut to cover everything. Add about 1 cup of white wine and bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to medium low and cover pot with lid. Let simmer at least 45-60 minutes up to 2 hours. Check occasionally to make sure there is enough liquid and add some water if needed..
- In the last 5 minutes, mix in Dijon mustard. Add more sugar to taste. Divide into dishes and serve with additional mustard..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the greatest reasons for going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is achievable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Unfortunately, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. Naturally, several of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body stops working properly, you can’t obtain a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body cannot run properly if it fails to get adequate nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, and fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The food products we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Many healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to eat these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. You should include some superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Next, try adding a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Furthermore, you need to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have a weight problem again. Green living provides you with a great eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.