Chile Chicken Stew.
You can have Chile Chicken Stew using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chile Chicken Stew
- Prepare 3.5 pounds of chicken thighs and/or drums, seasoned with 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt.
- Prepare of an additional 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of neutral flavored oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, peeled, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch wide slices.
- It’s 1 of large fresh poblano chile, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips (You can use any number of other fresh green chilies you like.).
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes, cored and quartered.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of dried pasilla chile powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground achiote.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s of optional: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle powder for heat and smokiness.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice (about 1 lime).
- You need 1.5 cups of water.
Chile Chicken Stew instructions
- In a large pot, bring your oil up to medium high heat and sear the chicken on both sides for 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown..
- Stir in your onion, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, and saute for 3 or 4 minutes, until the onions start to turn translucent..
- Add the pasilla, achiote, and bay, (and chipotle if you're using it) and stir it into the rest of the ingredients, and let them bloom a bit in the hot oil..
- Add the lime juice, water, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt, give the mixture a couple of stirs, and cover completely until you hear the stew boiling (should be 5 to 7 minutes)..
- At that point, set the lid slightly askew (like an 1/8" opening on one side), turn the heat down to medium low, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you can scrape any burnt solids from the bottom of the pot during this process, your heat's a little too high, and you should adjust it down slightly..
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes to allow the liquids to reduce and concentrate in flavor. About halfway into this last simmer period is when you should taste the stew and adjust the seasoning for more salt and/or spices if you like. This will give the added seasoning time to meld. Always increase salt and spices in small amounts – you can always add, but you can't subtract..
- Taco style. :).
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we are living in. We must get back to where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. The majority of folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You need to look after yourself while you can. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or buy junk food at the local convenience store? Because a lot of folks choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. An increasing number of people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they ingest. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. This aisl has what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down some diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. You have to have several superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other essentials. Be sure to consume proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health once you opt to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.