Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes.
You can have Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes using 11 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes
- You need of Chili.
- It’s 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1-2 of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- You need 1-2 of large sweet onions Chopped.
- You need 24-36 ounces of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- It’s 5-15 ounce of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- It’s 5 cloves of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- You need 3-15 ounce of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- Prepare of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- You need 2 teaspoons of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes step by step
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes… make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One terrific thing about green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is achievable regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We need to get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Alas, almost all people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, probably induced by the foods that are ingested. A lot of people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food area in just about all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to retard some diseases, or even overturn them. By consuming these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Your body will start to run as it is supposed to when you give it the correct nutrition. This in turn will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet have to have at least a few of these super foods. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Also, you have to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.