Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken.
You can cook Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken
- Prepare of Dressing :.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of honey (or granulated sugar).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of poppy seeds.
- It’s pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1-2 tsp. of milk (optional to thin out dressing).
- It’s of Salad :.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced apples.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red grapes, sliced in half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- Prepare 1 of cooked and diced chicken breast.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce (or green of choice).
Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken instructions
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside..
- The dressing is quite thick (especially if you use sugar instead of honey), so if you'd like it thinner, you can add milk a tsp. or so at a time until you reach the consistency you like..
- For the salad, just toss everything together, drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the top and enjoy!.
- If you'd like to pack this in a mason jar like I do, use a wide mouth quart sized one. Dressing in the bottom, then layer in the celery, apples, grapes, chicken, romaine, dried cranberries and walnuts…in that order..
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods One terrific thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we are in. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. Alas, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. Naturally, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body quites functioning properly, you cannot get a brand new body. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body requires proper nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. Do you eat because something is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you opt for foods that are good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local convenience store? As most people decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. A growing number of people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they eat. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food aisle in just about all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. By consuming these superfoods, your body will more fit. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the proper nutrition. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off illnesses. Your daily diet must have at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Then, try adding some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Observing a green living eating plan will give you just what you need to become healthy and fit. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits now.